"Melting" an ERC-1155 blockchain asset effectively destroys the asset, allowing you to retrieve the imbued Enjin Coin (ENJ) from within it.
⚠️ Please note: Melting assets is different than Burning assets. Melting destroys ERC-1155 assets on Ethereum / JumpNet blockchains and retrieves the imbued Enjin Coin (ENJ) from within it, while Burning destroys Multi-Token assets on Enjin Blockchain. To read more about burning assets, check out this article: Burning Assets
- To melt an asset, go to your wallet's NFT section and select the item you want to melt.
- On the asset details page, tap More to reveal the Melt option. Tap this option.
- Choose your transaction fee, then confirm by pressing the Melt button. Enter your password or fingerprint to destroy the item and retrieve its ENJ backing.
Reminder: Melting an item destroys it forever.
Batch Melting Blockchain Assets
You can melt multiple blockchain assets in a single transaction.
- Navigate to your wallet's NFT section and select an item to melt.
- On the asset details page, tap More to reveal the Melt option, then tap it.
- Tap the “Add Items” button.
- You can choose any collectible from your wallet here.
- Once you've decided which items to melt in the batch, click the "Add Items" button.
- Choose your transaction fee, confirm by pressing the "Melt" button, and then enter your password or fingerprint to destroy the items and retrieve their ENJ backing.